- “Treating Like Cases Alike in Refugee Law Adjudication: The Troubling Lack of Consistency in Refugee Status Adjudication within and across State Parties to International Refugee Rights Instruments,” Thursday, April 25, 2013, 120E Stedman Lecture Hall, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- The ‘War Refugee’ and International War: New Global Approaches
Presenter(s):Dr Cornelis (Kees) Wouters, Dr Joseph Rikhof, Jean-François Durieux
Thursday, March 27, 2013, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- For the 2012-2013 academic year the CRS developed an international joint public seminar series with the Refugee Law Initiative (RLI), University of London's School of Advanced Study, titled, “The Challenge of Change: Confronting Asylum Law and Practice in the UK and Canada,” that consisted of four joint public seminars using LYNC Internet computer technology. The four joint public seminars were held on October 17th and November 14th, 2012, and January 31st and March 14th, 2013. For more information, please see the following yFile news article at
- For the yFile news coverage on this special international joint public seminar please see, "Virtual seminar addresses the status of the world's refugees,"
- Refugee Law Initiative (RLI), Human Rights Consortium, School of Advanced Study, University of London, UK, International Refugee Law seminar series: "The Supervision of International Refugee Law" -- Professor James C. Simeon, Tuesday, February 21, 2012.
McLaughlin College lunch time talks (*)
Moderated by James C. Simeon, Acting Director Centre for Refugee Studies and Associate Professor School of Public Policy and Administration, York University, with Special Presentations from Laurence Hebb, from the UN Association of Canada, Toronto Branch, Gloria Nafziger, Amnesty International Canada, and York University's Professor, Ian Greene, Master of McLaughlin College, among others who will outline the importance of the UDHR in the protection and advancement of human rights in the world today.
- "The Methodological and Pedagogical Principles of the Use of Case Studies in Research and Teaching"
James Simeon and Richard Phidd, November 29, 2012
- Excluding persons from Convention Refugee Status who are "undeserving of international refugee protection": Ethical and/or Moral Dilemmas?
James C. Simeon, Tuesday January 17, 2012
- "Charting the Future Course of International Refugee Protection: A Review of the 8th IARLJ World Conference in Cape Town, South Africa"
James C. Simeon, February 11, 2009
* Archive footage of McLaughlin College Events can be viewed with Windows Media Player.